- Kate Dunne
5 Historic Homes For Your Next Getaway!
Patriot Family Homes is a veteran-owned and operated company specializing in short-term rentals with 400+ properties in 30+ markets. Checkout our five oldest properties that are perfect for your next getaway!
5. Red Door Retreat-Whole House-Executive- Luxury Birmingham, Alabama Year Built 1908 LUXURY, COMFORT, RETREAT, FAMILY, HISTORICAL. What more could you want from a Jefferson County Bondurant house built in 1908 in Highland Park? Our gorgeous four-bedroom, three and a half bath house has been updated throughout while still maintaining the historical framework of the home. Located less than 4 miles to downtown Birmingham you will have easy access to all the museums, entertainment, shopping, nightlife, restaurants, and grocery! Treat yourself to the Red Door Retreat!!
4. Shenandoah Shangri-La Main House- Tom's Brook Tom's Brook , Virginia Year Built 1900 This rural oasis in Tom's Brook is a traditional Colonial home that sleeps 14 including a pull out sofa with two full bathrooms. The main house has three bedrooms and two full baths, making it the perfect getaway everyone! Strasburg is a quick five minute drive to pick up your morning coffee and cinnamon rolls at The Historical Homemaker Bakery, or grab dinner and drinks at Fireside Tavern after a day of exploring the historical sites, hiking, or kayaking!
3. Pretty Peach Palace-Historic, Mins to Downtown Mobile, Alabama Year Built 1900 This 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom fully renovated historic mansion is located on Michael Donald in the Old Dauphin Way Historic District of Mobile, just minutes from downtown and entertainment. Go out, or stay at home and cook in our new, fully equipped kitchen. You can also grill out while your family relaxes on either of our large, wrap around porches while being surrounded by mature Live Oak and Sycamore trees. With two master bedrooms, it's perfect for large families! See you soon!
2. Dreamy on Donahue Cincinnati, Ohio Year Built 1888 This charming 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom can comfortable sleep 17 people. It was built in 1888 and has been beautifully renovated to include all the modern amenities. It is located 3 miles from downtown and less than a mile from the University of Cincinnati making this the perfect location for getting around! Free Wifi and pet friendly with a fee.
1. Hollyhock Hideaway- Pool-- Mins to Notre Dame South Bend, Indiana Year Built 1874 Hollyhock Hideaway is the place to be! With a touch of rural serenity, our historic home has all the modern amenities you could want for your stay in South Bend! Our 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home can sleep up to 13 people and was built before indoor electric and running water existed! The University of Notre Dame is about 5 mins away from our house, and local attractions like the Studebaker Museum, Potawatomi Zoo, and the South Bend airport are only 15 mins away.